Monday, July 11, 2016

No-Sew Fabric Banner!

I've learned the time-saving technique of NOT reinventing the wheel, and I love to "steal" the ideas of others and make it may own. If an idea is great, why not go with it?! It only makes sense, in my opinion. I have little time to develop purely original ideas.

One of my most recent classroom projects were because I saw the idea on another blog - The DIY Mommy! I really wanted to make some curtains or decorations to put on my classroom windows, but it had to be something that was no-sew.  One day I WILL learn how to use a sewing machine...but I just have to get my hands on one.  Anyways, I found this really cute and easy looking fabric banner that requires three things 

           1) Fabric
           2) Ribbons
           3) Scissors

That's my kind of project. 


Basically, you just cut up strips of fabric.  I had about 6 feet of fabric and I cut it into pieces that were 20 inches by 1-1/5 inches.  After cutting ALL the strips (it took a lot more than I thought!), I knotted them on the ribbon.  That's it!  Here's a link to the post I found that has really good visual instructions on how to do it. Click here.  Again, I'm not going to reinvent the wheel of instructions - I'll just direct you to someone else who did an awesome job!  

Here's the finished product! I chose a really sweet rainbow puzzle piece fabric I found at Joann's and everything I bought to make it was 50% off because I used coupons! It cost me under $15. I just love supporting my kiddos! 




I'm basically done with the project, but I think I need to figure out a good way to hang the banner to the wall. I taped it with heavy duty electrical tape....but it has fallen down a couple of time already.  I don't want to poke holes in the wall (don't think it's allowed), so I may have to try those sticky hooks. Hopefully it will be strong enough.

Until then....that's it for today!

xoxo Diana 

No comments:

Post a Comment